Saturday, September 16, 2006

Day before final match (against Scotland)

We had a Captain's Run this morning and then we raced over to Ellerslie Rugby Park to watch South Africa play Kazakhstan (0-36). It rained and drizzled for most of the match and South Africa struggled, but played hard until the final whistle. I spent most of the afternoon packing because we won't have much time tomorrow. Then I took a nap before the forwards meeting. We had our last team dinner in the hotel, the last jersey ceremony and then we had a special meeting to celebrate and acknowledge our coaches, staff, volunteers, captains and our four non-rostered reserve players. I can't believe our trip is almost over. However, we still have one very important task at hand. We are determined to come home 4 and 1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan caught two beautiful Rainbows yesterday 2 miles from my house...
Follow his lead Claud..
Have a beautiful day..

Kenny

PS Hanna peed on our living room floor yesterday while waiting for her mommy to prepare her bath..
Gracie did not pee..

Claudia said...

hahaa. I had a glorious day!