Saturday, February 24, 2007

Youth Rugby

Because of my passion for the game of rugby I strive to recruit new players and instill in those players the same passion. A couple of weekends ago I coached at the Penn State girls' high school rugby clinic. I'm also involved in efforts here in Albany, NY to develop a youth league (Captial District Youth Rugby) for girls and boys. The league will have separate teams, divided by county, that will play each other and potentially other teams in the northeast. I'm looking forward to getting this off the ground - I think it will be a huge success!
See http://nerfu.org/index.aspx for more information on youth rugby in the Northeast Rugby Union.
See http://www.usarugby.org/ for more information on youth rugby in the United States.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it!

I've become heavily involved in admin having seen what rugby has done for both my daughters.

It's a very different thing to playing (which I did badly until about 20 years ago), but it is a great buzz to see the girls achieving stuff as a team and growing as a result.

Glad to see your blog is back in business

Claudia said...

Thanks! I wish there had been a rugby team when I was in high school!