So...tonight a bunch of us watched the Mystery of Alaska (i think that's what it was called - it was about a town in Alaska whose hockey team played the NY Rangers), while outside a terrible thunderstorm raged around us. The movie was a fun, relaxing and somewhat inspiring sports movie that reminded us it's not all about winning. Although I seriously hope we finish with a win tomorrow. Anyway, the rest of the day was low-key, as expected. We worked on our defense a tiny bit more and then had our captain's run through. People are looking sharp and are excited to play tomorrow. We had a relatively quick version of the traditional jersey ceremony after dinner. I have been named the on-field captain for tomorrow's match. I'm nervous about the responsibility, but looking forward to the opportunity to lead the team forward. We have some great potential and I really hope we can begin to crack open our shell some more tomorrow.
Morning practice

Halfbacks Claudia and Steph
1 comment:
claudia! mystery, alaska was on the penn state movie channel for MONTHS while we were in college. didn't you live in the dorms and get that channel? for shame! best movie ever.
Post a Comment