Thursday, August 19, 2010

First game tomorrow!!

So excited for the game!!! But we had to contain ourselves all day so... this morning Kim, Christy and I went for a bike ride around campus and down to town to scout out the places our family and friends are staying and to burn up some time. This afternoon was a brief captain's run on the actual game pitch (all of our practices have been on the training pitches off to the side) and the team looked really good - crisp and sharp, other than the multiple slips due to wet grass from the rain and sneakers (we are not allowed to wear cleats on the game field until tomorrow).

As far as I know, tomorrow's game is not going to be televised or webcast, but live updates should be available on the Women's Rugby World Cup web site and I'll post an update as soon as I can.

Thanks for all your support so far - now comes the real fun!!!

No comments: