Monday, August 16, 2010

Women's Rugby World Cup - Here we come, for real !!!

Moving day is today!! We're carting all of our stuff over to the WRWC village - just down the street from the main campus at the Surrey University Sport's Park. Yesterday we had the day off and Kim and I went to the cathedral on campus for Sunday morning service. It was nice, but a little strange - it was not exactly Catholic, but pretty close and I didn't follow everything... Later, we went down into town again. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Hopefully it won't take nearly as long to get internet this time as it did when we first arrived here!!

Yesterday - watching a serious lawn bowling game

Saying goodbye to Twyford Court


MIDDAY UPDATE: We're in our new digs and they're pretty nice, except that I'm a million miles away from the rest of the team (2 people had to stay with the coaches/staff and I was mysteriously elected, along with another teammate). Okay, it's really just one floor away, but it seems far. =)

Home sweet home for the next 3 weeks.

1 comment:

Jill said...

HEY!! Posting so you know we are reading :) Keep up the hard work.