Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day of England Match

We had a long day of waiting around, but finally game time approached. We had a pretty good run-through before the game and people were feeling excited and pumped to get out on the pitch. I know I was very nervous (c'mon - you would be too if you were representing your country!) and I'm sure my teammates were, too. We had a solid first half and were able to keep England out of our try zone. We played well in the second half also, but England was able to punch it through a try and couple of penalty kicks and then one more try in the last few moments. I'm proud of our team, but terribly disappointed with the outcome. We will go over game video tomorrow so I'll get a better idea of the things that need the most improvement. I'm looking forward to our next match.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claud-
I know you're disappointed, but as you said, you and the team will learn from this loss.

From the US you've got so much support and love, we hope you can feel it there in Canada!! Your teammates from the Sirens, from PSU, friends and family from all over...

I'll be there to hug you in a few days and bring that positive energy & love with me, representing our friends and family who are cheering you on from home!
I LOVE YOU & SEE YOU SOON!
Big Sis, PKB

Anonymous said...

Claud

We're proud of you. Keep doing what you're doing! I read your site everyday.

ADele

Anonymous said...

Hey Claud,

Sue, Rachel, and I were huddled around Sue's laptop last night trying to watch the game. Ofcourse, the broadcast was all bootleg and we only were able to see the last play really. We were clicking links and windows for like an hour... no joke. We were so mad... heh.

Anyway, we'll be watching your next match, and cheering you all on thru the screen! Shake those nerves and kick some ass for USA!

Siren-Erin

Anonymous said...

Claudia-
Tough one....there is always tomorrow. Good luck in the future fixtures. We are thinking of you (now that work has slowed down)! Hope to respond to more blogs! Keep your head up....we couldn't be prouder!

Megan

Katy said...

Hey Claud: I finally got to watch the game tonight! Even the announcer was impressed with the US. You guys are awesome and I know you'll come back hard on Monday.

Claudia said...

Thanks, ladies. We're picking ourselves up. We have a big day of practice tomorrow - i really think it will help us refocus and get ready to pounce on Monday.
Thank you!