Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's Time.

There's nothing left to do. All my training, fitness workouts, packing and preparing is finished. I dropped off our second dog today with friends, which made me sad because I'll miss her, but I know she's in good hands - Amanda and Joe R. are keeping her for the duration. I'm so excited and nervous with butterflies all through my stomach. My friend and USA teammate, Laura M., is staying with me tonight and driving me to the airport in the morning. It's a huge comfort to have her here.

I went to the law school yesterday to talk with a professor and meet some of the new students (I'm taking off this semester for WC, but I'll be back in January). I ran into one professor and when I told her I was heading out to the Rugby World Cup she said "Oh, I thought that was only for soccer." Needless to say, it disappointed me and reminded me that this is not a game that the general U.S. population appreciates. Fortunately, there IS a huge rugby community in the U.S. and they know that being a part of a World Cup is the pinnacle of one's rugby career!

In a few weeks I'll be back in the real world, but for now it's time for rugby.

When I write my next entry I'll be with the team in Blaine, MN. Here we come World - you better watch out!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

This gave me goosebumps. I am so excited for you Claudia...

:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Maria! It gives me goosebumps, too! =)
- Claudia