Friday, August 25, 2006

Made it to Minnesota!

Laura M. dropped me off at the airport this morning at 8AM. One flight from Albany, a slight delay in Chicago and more waiting in the Minneapolis airport for the hotel shuttle, I was one of the last players to arrive. I raced to my room, changed my clothes and headed directly to the pitch for our first practice session. It felt great to run with the other women. Everyone looks fit and healthy, excited and ready for our next few days of preparation before the England match. We had Chipotle's (yay!) for dinner and then heard a spiel from Jennifer Triemstra ("Trie") regarding her master's thesis on testosterone and cortisol in women rugby players. I think most of us are going to participate in her study, which involves providing saliva samples before and after one of our games. Finally, we met for some team strategizing and now I'm off to bed. I have some photos from today, but my camera batteries are dead. Never fear! They are rechargable and I remembered my charger.

First day of practice


The Three Musketeers

No comments: