Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Save the Best for Last


Well, we are the last to arrive, but we are finally here, safe and sound. After a long, excruciating day of navigating our way through the airport check-in, security lines, customs, and baggage claim...
Then, to make my day a little worse, the Internet connection in my room is not working so I have resorted to the business center in the lobby. Argh. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. The hotel is nice, the rooms are clean and comfortable (but tiny) and the food is tasty. We also had a brief practice today to cover our restarts (mostly kickoff's and 22 drops). We were feeling sluggish and high-strung at the same time. With a full day of traveling it's not surprising that we were a little off, but we need to be at the top of our game by Thursday. I'm confident we can get there.
I think I'll head to bed early this evening - I believe that getting a good night's sleep two nights before the match is very important. Less than 48 hours to go!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claudia,

I want the only reason that I don't get to be a match official in the Final to be because you gals are kickin' axx and winning the Cup!! I have every faith that that'll be the case. Go USA!!!

Dana T.

Sonia Meyer said...

Claudia,
We are all thinking of you back here at work. Best of luck to you. Enjoy all of your experiences. We are so proud of you!!!!!

Corey said...

Claudia!
I'm so excited to have an ex-teammate out there kicking the world's butt on the rugby pitch...

all of us out here in MD are with you in spirit - cheering you on!

noaheva.com said...

Claudness Monster!
You rock! See you tomorrow!!

Tell Char to leave us some contact info at will call.

:) Bear

Claudia said...

Thank you, Everyone!!!

Send thoughts our way tomorrow evening!

Claudia