Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day Before Australia match

This morning we had lineout practice and kicking practice for our kickers (I worked on my box kicks). Afterwards, a few of us made a trip to the coin laudromat because our clothes were getting pretty ripe. Our training gear (jerseys, socks, shorts) is washed by the tournament people, but we're responsible for the rest of our stuff. After lunch we had our Captain's Run at the field where our game will be tomorrow, St. Albert's Rugby Club. This is a different location from our last two games. The fields and facilities were really nice. We had a huge, delicious turkey dinner tonight and then we played "Who's Line is it Anyway?" The coaches acted out a hilarious dating game skit. Finally, we had the Jersey Ceremony - Kathy read all the good wishes that have been posted on the womeneagles.com web site. It's hard to deal with the high expectations and remember to focus on the things that we can control. My mantra for tomorrow: Fire in my heart, ice in my veins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great mantra - I think I've heard that one before :)
BEST OF LUCK!