Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day off - various activities

Today was a rest day, but we didn’t have much free time. This morning half of us (me included) visited Bellerose High School where our liaison, Liam, works. We were guests for one of the gym classes (about 50 boys and girls). Pam and Kelly represented the team by talking about the sacrifices we have made to be at World Cup. Then we took the kids outside and led them through some warm-up drills and a circuit of different rugby skills. I had a good time instructing and encouraging them – maybe I’ll be a coach some day…The other half of the team did basically the same thing at a different high school. After lunch we had our pool recovery and then half of us went to a local park where Jen Doan took individual portrait shots of each of us. The other half will go tomorrow. I’m glad I went today because it’s getting colder by the minute. Almost literally! Tonight the temperature dropped three degrees during dinner (11°c – 9°c). There’s a chance of snow for tonight. Tomorrow is another day off – I think I’ll go shopping downtown near the University.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Claudia!

Good luck in your upcoming matches, I am glad you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Irina!! I will be home next week - let's do something soon! =)
-Claudia

Anonymous said...

Definately! =)

Anonymous said...

Go Eagles!!

Good Luck on Sunday!!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Claudia, Are you guys at the Rugby World Cup or the Phys Ed World Cup? Get back to work on the pitch and quit playing dodgeball! Good luck vs the Aussies, they are probably all too sad to play since the Croc Hunter was killed. Goooooo EAGLES!

Anonymous said...

Go Claudia!

Claudia said...

Thanks, Levi!! ;)