Sunday, September 10, 2006

Preparing to play Australia, Again

I had a bit of time this morning to catch up on my emails, update my blog and upload photos. We departed for our practice field around 11:30, got lunch on the way and then watched our match against Australia while our food digested. Hopefully we will not be making the same mistakes – how often do you get the chance for a do-over? I plan to take full advantage of the opportunity to clean up my errors and give Australia an even better game. We had a fairly long practice designed to focus on our offensive recognition (seeing where and how to attack). Afterwards, we headed over to Sue and Wes’s house for another delightful evening of food and fun. We got to pet the neighbor’s horses; we smashed a piƱata; and after a demonstration and brief instructions by Sue some tried their hand at hatchet throwing. Phaidra attempted to throw me in the pool, but I was too wily for her and instead she and Carter ended up soaked! The grand finale was watching Wes taking some of the sled dogs out on a training run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wily? As in Wiley Coyote?

Fondly,
The Roadrunner

Anonymous said...

I've remember hearing another Braymer refer to himself as Wily. He was in the back of a hatch back and was defending his honor after being called out by my wife.
He looked like a drunk turtle on its back.

KB

Anonymous said...

I remember... Up yours Roadrunner.