Monday, September 11, 2006

Day Before (second) Australia match

We had an easy morning with just one backs meeting and time to do our laundry. Then we all piled into vans for the long drive out to St. Alberts for our Captains Run. Unbeknownst to us something else had been planned - bowling!! Our manager, KTP, totally tricked us into thinking we were on our way to the field and I was completely surprised. We all know the plays and know what we're doing so we don't need a Captain's Run, but it was still a little strange to be bowling instead of running around the pitch. Later we had the Jersey Ceremony and a powerful team meeting to release some tension. I'm prepared to honor my teammates and my country with the best game I can bring when I step onto the field tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Wiley!! What a marvelous second game against the Wallabies!!!! USA rocks!!!!!!

Love, Mom

Deanna said...

Congrats on the big win today! I'm downloading it now. I can't wait for the next one.
Deanna

Claudia said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy for the win.
Thanks, ladies!!