Monday, August 10, 2009

Tough loss

We played a great first half. I think the score at halftime was England 10 - US 7. England opened the second half pressuring us with their offense and didn't let up at all. We played really hard defense for multiple phases in a row, but they were eventually able to break through our defensive stand. With about 10 minutes to go Kim Magrini came into the scrumhalf position and I was pushed out to flyhalf because our backup #10 was injured after she entered the game. The game ended with one of England's backs running right over me and eventually making her way to the try line. Not a very pleasant way to end the game. Also a reminder of why I don't play 10; additionally a reminder of my need to be prepared to stop fast hard runners from plowing me over if I do play 10.

Pre-game locker room



No comments: