This morning we had a brief, but intense practice to continue molding and improving our style of play. Then we had a very unique experience. We traveled to the Edmonton Youth Offender Center to play rugby with some of the residents. Our team liaison, Sue, is a teacher at the Center. There were a few girls, but most were boys. We gave them a short demo and then invited volunteers to run passing drills with us. We also invited them to participate in scrums and lineouts. I think those that joined us had a good time and I hope that we gave them all a glimpse of how positive it can feel to be part of a team. When we returned to the hotel we watched the video of yesterday’s game against Ireland and then were given off the rest of the day. I ended the evening having an enjoyable dinner with my family.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Prison Break
This morning we had a brief, but intense practice to continue molding and improving our style of play. Then we had a very unique experience. We traveled to the Edmonton Youth Offender Center to play rugby with some of the residents. Our team liaison, Sue, is a teacher at the Center. There were a few girls, but most were boys. We gave them a short demo and then invited volunteers to run passing drills with us. We also invited them to participate in scrums and lineouts. I think those that joined us had a good time and I hope that we gave them all a glimpse of how positive it can feel to be part of a team. When we returned to the hotel we watched the video of yesterday’s game against Ireland and then were given off the rest of the day. I ended the evening having an enjoyable dinner with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment